Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Whats in a name?


Today I thought to myself

Why did my mother name me my name?
Sometimes I wish she would have left my birth certificate blank
then I wouldn't have a name to live up to.
If my name had no sound or syllables
People would have nothing to say
when they saw me

They would just smile and say......
" ( (((insert the sound of air))))"
Some days
That sounds so much prettier to me than
ShellZ

Can you blame, complain, or lie to the nameless?


Just wondering.....



The crazy thing is

tomorrow I will wake up

and probably

Make some other person want to

change their name

TOO......




Crazy how the universe works........

Hope all is well in yalls world,

Love yall,
ShellZ


1 comment:

AssertiveWit said...

One of my fears with having this baby is naming it appropriately. I already vowed not to give it a name that would invoke IMMEDIATE stereotypes but also not to give it a name that would make other kids laugh at him/her and call them a square. I hated my name as a kid and didn't really start to like it until I was about 21.

Granted, no one else had my name but no one EVER pronounced it right and asking people to spell it right was like trying to catch wind...it aint never gone happen LOL