Monday, July 20, 2009

Self Love


At work today,these two brothers compliment me
with no words......
straight to my lips,
then to my hips,
to

that space in between my legs

(as the direct result of the Bowlegged stance…)

One says with his eyes “ I would love to hit that”
The other one uses his eyes to duplicate that thought....

They say so much without one sound escaping their lips....

I Grab the microphone

do my presentation
Shock them with my

SUBSTANCE

(You know my Personal story that they could of initially cared less about)

Now
they think I’m
Beautiful

I finish......

((((((((Round of applause…. )))))))))


I
grab my things
the short one says
“Man sista you really have your stuff together that was a good presentation
I thanked him
The taller one says
“Amazing, amazing… you are amazing”

I thanked him also

Then

I raised my head up,

shoulders back

swished my hips,

Made sure
I WAS NOT

VALIDATED
by those words
but...................



I


AGREED. ...............

yeap I agreed......


That’s self love,
shown through actions, behaviors, changes, and demonstration..............

Working daily to make sure God thinks Im beautiful,
that I
think Im beautiful so
that the world
knows
I am.

No comments: