Monday, May 31, 2010

Exhaustion


I am tired.


I admit it.

I have no problem standing where I am supposed to stand
In line

In this life



But
What if internally you disagree
with where
you are placed?

In that line….

Believe it or not….
Surprisingly

This rant has nothing to do with being single

Its about being tired

Of not fitting into my clothes the same way
Having more than one chin

Having to sing love songs

To myself......

Being

TIRED
of debt

&
Hard work
Seemingly not paying off

Wanting my flowers when I'm alive
Seeing the undeserving get

What
I
Deserve

Or do I do deserve anything?

I know essentially I
 don’t
But when you work
And

Work
And work
Exhaustion

Will find you........

SHELLZ


Is tired of

Blood pressure medicine
Birth control
Migraine headaches
and sinus sprays

Hair that has a life of its own

A Masters degree
10 years
work
AND
STREET

Experience
and still being
Under compensated

A music collection

That so many don’t appreciate
Student loans

And

Every

EX

Realizing I
WAS THE ONE
That got away….

But what can I do?

Nothing………………..

I can
Rest
Smile

Cope

Change what I CAN...
Be grateful
That I have breath in my body
To be even be
exhausted
 because....

I know…
I know…..

I’m blessed

&
I promise I’m grateful

But...
 I’m human
&
I’m Exhausted

OK.......................................................................................

* Takes Deep Breath

Thanks God for another day…..

&

Keeps it moving....

No comments: