Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sisters Keeper


My new gig is to write for a women’s empowerment blog, and let me tell you..
 Sometimes it’s hard.  
Lately, I have been encountering a lot of hate.
 FROM WOMEN.
It hasn’t been blatant, or confrontational, it’s been underhanded..
And that’s the worst kind.

I’ve been through a lot in my life, struggles, tough times, heart break, and every single thing I have now I have worked my butt off to get it.

Men congratulate me. My closest girlfriends express their happiness for me..
But still I get underhanded shade thrown my way by beautiful women of color… and it makes me sad

 These are women who have the same opportunities that I have,  Women who I choose not to compete with.. because I honestly believe there is room for us all….

It breaks my heart when women are immature and try to step on the toes of others..
It’s an outward expression of something internal
and unnecessary….

Let’s congratulate each other when we see each other getting what we deserve. Let’s not fight over our time in the spot light, over a man, or who gets the most social media notoriety.

We can all shine… and instead of trying to dim my light..
Let me help you brighten yours….

No comments: