Monday, May 18, 2009

Dead Words...


I am always losing stuff.
Keys
earrings, money, shoes.
Words…
I never loose words..
People say things to me and I hold on to them forever.
I tuck them away and use them later

Sometimes I use them as a defense mechanism
Sometimes to motivate

Sometimes to cause myself inflicted pain.
Why I keep some words

I don’t know.

Maybe because there is power in them
Because they have often been the source of my strength

And my pain…

“ShellZ when I look at you I see the prototype for my wife, You are everything I prayed for in a women I honestly cant find one thing about you I would change”

But…

Something about you

"Can’t sustain me……"

I found those words today.

Hidden in my head and my heart
And

I threw them in the trash.

For real…....
They are gone.

I had held on to them for some reason,


Why I don’t know?

I didn’t need them though
Because I’ve been using them as the source of my anger


thats not me..... Im better than that

There is power in words
and those
Have no VALIDATION in my life

So I replaced them with some new ones

“Ms. T, you inspire me to be a better person, a better student, to live my life with purpose”

“Thank you for being you”


Yea I think I’d rather hold on to those…..

*Exhale........


Hope all is well in yalls world


LOVE YALL!

No comments: