Sunday, March 28, 2010

Add this to the list


We had a deep conversation the other day about our Men problems.
I was giving my stance on what love means to me, and later even discussed my resignation to the single life
And
how acclimated I have become to it all.

“G” was discussing how hard it is to find TRUE love In the purest form.
You know
Someone who loves you without limitations


pure and free,
Someone who loves



OUT LOUD


I realized we had commonality in that

But……

The only commonality we didn’t have was the fact that
“G”

IS A MAN

I debated about publishing this blog because it is a touchy situation,
But, this is my blog and I do what I want.

First let me say…

I don’t care if someone is gay.

At all…

I believe that we should all be allowed to be free within ourselves
and that


Who someone loves

Is their cross to bear…………

However, there are times when I take issue with homosexuality.

I take issue when people aren’t truthful about who they are
Who they love
and what they desire…..

There are so many men living secret lives


and I REALLY take issue with that.

Its not fair to the women who think that what they have to give


is enough

And


Its not fair to the man who thinks that what he is giving is enough as well..

All I am saying is

CHOOSE YOUR POISON

Heterosexuality
OR
Homosexuality
Is all hard
To deal with……………..

be who you are and stand firm in that.......

Im scared yall

I keep running into so many people who have had bad experiences with

men being on the down low.

Someone I was talking to the other day told me that he only likes men that are "curious."
He test them
Pursues them
And usually........ HE wins…..

OK.. That sounds like the politics of dating right?

NO!

Because typically that “curious” man goes back his wife
And children….

AND

That’s sick to me!

Honestly, its no different that being cheated on with another women.
The end result is the same
The person being cheated on
Feels like

What they have to offer

Can’t sustain the other person……. and we all know that is not a good feeling....

I hate to say this…….


But I really don’t know anymore ..........


People have some serious secrets in their closets

And

I don’t wont to be effected


Or INFECTED

Because of the lies people choose not to free themselves of

Things like this make being a single woman
Even harder..

Not only do I have the competition of a million other beautiful
Smart, intelligent, and “together women”

I have to compete with
MEN
Too?

Giving up on finding a mate seems so much easier
Than waiting

To find
Someone….. these days......

But, I still have a little
(very minimal)
hope left

However, the more I hear about this
“down low” epidemic

the more


it


(HOPE)

Fades away…..


4 comments:

AssertiveWit said...

you always write stuff that leaves me speechless...this is the best comment I could give because I couldn't have expressed a better opinion about people being honest with themselves and those they are dating :)

Relevantlystaying said...

@ Assertive Wit.. Tell me about it. This is a scary thing to deal with.... Im kinda worried

Meesa said...

The dating scene and single life are scary enough. And I agree with "Assertive" on this- I couldn't have said any of this better myself. The worst part about all this 'down low' stuff is that there are so many "metro" men out there nowadays- how can we even tell anymore??? I used to have a very stable 'gaydar' but it seems to go on the fritz a lot more now. You just never know and it is definitely scary as hell and harder than ever being a single female. But, like you, I still have a small bit of hope and faith that there is that one man out there who will make all the mess worth it.

Great blog, as always!

Anonymous said...

Thats it! Im done, Im going to die a old lady in a damn shoe

-NYSH