Supposedly In Greek mythology
Narcissus (Narkissos)
was this a-hole who fell in love with his
own reflection
He just walked past a lake one day, saw himself
And said
Hey
I love this guy looking back at me
as a matter of fact I love him so much that
I’ll just stay here and look at him forever….
But what
Narcissus didn’t realize was that
What he saw was
a self projected image
of himself
it wasn’t really his
TRUE
reflection
and he stayed there engrossed so much with
Loving himself
That he missed out
on life
And
DIED…..
I know people like that…..
and
It unnerves me to deal with them….
Walking around thinking that the world
revolves around
them
Spending a profuse amount of time looking at
The flaws of others and not
checking their own
morals and values
holding grudges and vendettas
and feeling like they are too perfect to make mistakes
I don’t understand that…
I think life is about lessons
and sometimes
one of the greatest lessons is learning that
we aren’t perfect
I cant imagine going through life
Never taking the time to
Self reflect
Never coming to terms that some of the things in your past
happened
not because of someone else
but because of
YOU….
I know people that to this day
Refuse
to self evaluate
I mean to get them to take any responsibility for their behavior
is like moving mountains.....
Listen
Nobody wants to say
“I’m wrong”
“I made poor decisions”
but there is a peace that comes from that
I had a “friend” that I know
that
I
wasn’t the best person to
she constantly tried to stay in touch with me
kept emailing
kept calling
and I never returned her calls
because to be quite honest it could be a little
depressing to talk to her
BUT
When I add it all up and look back
she was a good friend to me
So I had to admit that the way I went about
“Distancing” myself
was wrong…..
I didn't like it, but it needed to be done
Sometimes you just have to step
back
and look at the entire
equation of a situation
because constantly convincing yourself that you
are
righteous
and only seeing the reflection of yourself that
you want to see
will leave you in a miserable place
I hope a person I know stumbles
across this blog
Because
honey you are wrong
you’ve done wrong things to people
And
the truth is.. you've NEVER
taken responsibility for your shortcomings
Being angry
because you were found out
and completely omitting
your faults and flaws in all of this
makes you EXTREMELY
weak
A true testament to STRENGTH
starts when you can admit that you are not
faultless
I don’t care how great you look on paper
And what
YOU THINK
people perceive you as
the truth is
you are a narcissist
and its time for you get up from the lake
and
stop looking at
A reflection
that really isn’t yours….
Because like Narcissus
you are missing out on true happiness
and
though you are physically alive
regardless as to whether you realize it or not
parts of your character
are
dying…
I love yall, and I too have a hard time admitting I'm wrong
but its
NECESSARY
necessay for
for happiness
necessary
for life
and necessary
in order to say
that you are GROWN
LOVE YALL
NO..
really I do.....
Dueces
-ShellZ
2 comments:
Umhm Right on sister. I know alot of people like this myself. And you know I've been wrong before and it does take alot to admit it... But that is the first step in making progress.
Once again you kept it real..you never dissapoint me shellz
-Nysh
Post a Comment