Monday, May 16, 2011

Do you see what I see???




I have been unbelievably sad

Like heavy

miserable,
sleeping
Crying,

I dare not say I was depressed
But how I was feeling

Was damn near close to
the D word



And it’s all because



I am aware…



My homeboy and I were talking last night about how
If you are awake

And I mean really awake these days
with what is going on in the world

There is no way you
can’t be sad



People dying in their 30’s
Young boys being murdered

The economy
cultural genocide



Our value systems……



I just feel like there is so much for me to be unhappy about
and when you are alone and have to process these feelings

without anyone

that makes it all the more worse



Sometimes I wish I didn’t know so much
that I didn’t read the paper or watch the news and see the blatant
racism against my president



Or that I didn’t see little girls wearing shoes they can’t fit
being mothers
raising babies, but still babies themselves


I wish I didn’t see people my age trying
to still act 19, fighting
using slang and starting
subliminal wars on social media sites



I hate that I know my worth
And that I’m uncompensated
 in so many ways



I wish I wasn’t so afraid of the fact

that I what I have to say
who I am
what I stand for

WONT

appeal to the masses

and there is nothing I can do to change that



the laziness of the millennial generation saddens me
the lack of work ethic
and an attitude that subscribes to the notion
that all you have to do is
Be born
 into
marry
or trap
 someone with money

and then and only then



LIFE

is worth living



I could just scream

What the hell is wrong with everyone?

Do yall not see what I see?

Aren’t you fearful?



Man, people are walking around
present, speaking, laughing
breathing

But internally

They are DEAD



No soul
because the world has stripped them
of the importance
of having one....


Damn!
I hate that I feel so much

I wish I could just cut it off
but I can’t



I feel best when I’m learning
and

the old Cliché is true

Knowledge is power

but....

what happens when people don’t want to receive the
knowledge you share

Essentially
You end up educated,
and weary

And that’s not a good feeling…..



I’m sad yall
and though I’m not letting the sadness control my existence

I would be lying if I didn’t say

it makes it hard to get through the day sometimes…





The things I feel
cant be cured with some pill
Or by
speaking to some therapist

the remedy comes
when people change their thinking

and
it doesn’t look like that is going to happen anytime soon

so I’ll just keep fighting the good fight

and get through my sad days the best way I know how..

by spreading love

and speaking truth

and armoring myself heavily with the things that haven’t failed me yet

words.....


Wake up yall

Please wake up…….

2 comments:

Donnisha said...

#1 Fan rite here! Feel you. I sometimes wish I wasn't so aware and didnt know so much. Feel you on this one Shellz and embracing being diffrent from the "Norm". Thanks for Posting :-)

Chelles said...

OMG! I feel you so much right now. *Tears* I have had so many sleepless nights trying to make sense of the things I see everyday. Its like you feel alone even when you're among close family and friends. I often pray for a reason for being so aware. I feel like since there aren't many people out there who have this knowledge, then those that do are supposed to be doing something with it. Thanks! I feel a little better knowing that there are people in my life who really see what I see.