I’m not easily impressed, and to be honest
I’m kind of contrary
I’ve made it my life’s objective
To distance myself from most things that appeal to the masses
They like to be down
I find ways to go up
They’re here
I’m there
and though often times there is loneliness in that
there is a also
a Peace
in it all
I can’t think in assemblage
or agree with mass produced thoughts
Which is why I struggle so much
with organized religion
Yall
I am really at a cross-roads now
Because I found a church that I really liked
I was growing spiritually there
Felt like GOD was actually talking to me
in that place
I attended events, and services
and there was authentic joy
The designated pastor made me want to read my bible
and seek
understanding
for myself
I didn’t run into a lot of people
That were bible thumping, unyielding , hypocritical
“christians”
Everyone just seemed like they were chasing after
GOD’S heart
and
I loved it…
And then it happened
There was scandal
and the writing was on the wall
Things were done to people that shouldn’t have been done
evidence was there
the media gave it additional breath
and it become more alive than ever
and I sat back and watched
and waited
on my spiritual teachers to offer guidance
but they didn’t…....
They just said
Think like we think
Don’t ask questions
Just
Believe what we say
and understand that the
"Christ Like"
Thing to do would be to try to “resolve” the situation, and move on
and
I understand that
In some ways I even agree
But why is there no room for questions?
When did it become wrong to ask someone to show accountability?
Isn’t that the message given to parishioners
Sunday after Sunday
to take responsibility for your sins
ask for forgiveness, and move on….
I don’t know the accuracy or
Legitimacy of the information brought forth in the scandal
But I know that something seems a little bizarre
and questionable
and I don’t think its right for someone to answer them
By saying
"Just believe what I say"
*Sigh…
This is so hard yall.. because
I know there is no perfect church
and scandal, and down-falls are all a part of life
but I’m so confused right now…..
and to be honest I feel severe disconnect
Man...
Organized religion wears me out
because so many people Just
“Play” church
They
Go through the motions
Quote scriptures because they’ve known them since they were 6
But have no idea true meaning of the words
On the other hand
Spirituality
Now that, I totally understand
because I know
GOD is real
But the “CHURCH”
that’s a whole different beast
that daily I am starting to have an aversion to
They have become enterprises these days
businesses, selling hope, and redemption
but lacking
HUMILITY
which is the epitome of who
CHRIST was
He was so humble
But in the words of Gandhi
“ Our Christians are so unlike our Christ”
I really don’t know what I am going to do
or how to process this situation
But I put it out here so that if you guys have any
Guidance to offer
I can take it….
Deep situation huh?
Yea I know….
and
I don’t expect to get a lot of feedback…
But like anything else with me.. if its on my heart
I have to say it, because in some odd way
It helps…
Anyway…..
I love yall…..
No, really I do….
ShellZ
2 comments:
Let me start by saying that I have only been actively participating in church for about 6 years now. I also don't believe that everybody who is in the church is there to serve God. Last night at Bible study my pastor talked about "tag-alongs". He said that there are some people who are in church just to "tag along" so they don't feel left out and you shouldn't waste your energy on them. I thought that was the perfect term for those people who "play church" and if you get to caught up in them you will lose focus of what God’s purpose is for you in the church…. But anyway, if I were in your situation I would decide how important the "church" was to you. Do you believe you can find another church that can offer you the same things? How bad was the scandal? Is it something you can live with, or is it a deal breaker? While I understand your dilemma and how you are now questioning your decision to join the "masses", for you to continue to grow spiritually it is necessary for you to continue to praise, worship, and be actively involved in the "church" because that's what God wants (Ephesians 4). You may have to find another church to go to, but that's okay. Sometimes God reveals to us that people aren't always who they seem to be, and that we can't put our trust in man, we should always trust Him (Psalm 118:8). Just continue to pray and God will lead you in the right direction, because He knows your heart. Just don't give up on the "church" because the conflicts and scandals that go on in organized religion is nothing but the devil trying to keep us (spiritual folks) from uniting. Divide and conquer...it's the oldest trick in the book.
Hope this helps. Love ya!
if it no longer brings you 100% peace, let it go
Post a Comment