I’m a beautiful mess
I’m sure to some the beautiful part is debatable
But
That’s just how I feel…
If you read this blog regularly
you know that I feel
spiritually besieged
I have a lot going on and have been in disarray when it comes to my
relationship with God..
Don’t get me started on the whole dating scene
And I have to be honest in saying that I’ve even been questioning a lot of my
friendships as of lately
I know that a lot of the things that bother me are the
direct result of my tendency to over think things
but I CANT for the life of me be a
surface
type of person….
I have to feel connected to things
Have understanding and answers to the why’s and how’s
I need people around me who speak about prospective greatness
as opposed
to all of things that aren’t right
and when I don’t feel that
I shut down….
The other day in church
I heard this man telling a story about his daughter
He was such a proud father, and thought it would be humorous to
share a story about how his daughter got into her mothers lipstick
he said his little girl took the lipstick and smeared it all around her lips
she put some on her cheeks,
her forehead,
and even colored her arms
and legs
with
this bright shade of red lipstick…
when
he got to the top of the stairs
he saw her running out of the room
and he stopped her..
he said he was little taken aback
because
she looked absolutely ridiculous, and the first thing out of his mouth
Was
“Honey, what have you done? You are a mess!!!”
He was chuckling as he told the story
and everyone was laughing
Because the thought of this cute little 3 yr old girl covered in
Red lipstick
is kind of funny…
He went on to say that
after he said to his daughter
“Honey you are a mess”
she looked at him with a blank expression
and said
“ But daddy aren’t I beautiful”
and he shook his head
and said to her
“Yes you are, but let’s get you cleaned up”
and it hit me…
that is me!!!
covered in my foolishness
problems smeared on my forehead
bright shades of confusion on my face
colors of doubt up and down my arms and legs and
I’m constantly asking GOD
to think I’m beautiful…
I have to be honest in saying that this whole situation with the church
Has given me an excuse to run from my spirituality
And I’ve been seeking my answers from man about how to maneuver through all of this
But haven’t really talked to GOD about it a much as I should’ve
I’m a beautiful mess because
As transparent as I may seem on this blog
Yall still have no idea the things I struggle with the most
I bet God is constantly saying to me
“Shellz you are a mess but lets get you cleaned up”
and I don’t even hear him…
because I’m too busy trying to create justification for my foolishness
I’m hard on myself and I know that
But somebody has to hold me accountable for my lack of spiritual consistency
And I figured the best person to do that
would be me…..
I’m writing this blog because I feel like
I need to take ownership for my shortcomings
I know I’m not perfect, I don’t pretend to be
But in case you haven’t noticed
What matters most to me
Is living my life with PURE purpose…
I just want to feel like I’m walking in the direction
I’m supposed to walk in
I know
that I cant do that alone…
I’m a beautiful mess
but at least I am honest enough too take ownership of that
As I come to end of this blog I’m asking you guys not to read to deeply into
The message about ME
but to think about your mess as well
and how great it feels
to have someone around you that says
“Yes you fell of track and bruised yourself a bit, but lets get you cleaned up”
Have you done that for anyone lately?
Self encouragement is wonderful, but there is power in numbers..
I’m ok yall
If you know me, you know that I am always seeking ways to become a better woman
Don’t text me or call me asking where all of this is coming from
because asking me that means
you don’t know me at all…
I don’t just write when I am down or depressed
I share my epiphany’s, Aha moments, and struggles because
I not afraid to do that…
This blog is the direct result of me being honest with myself about how
I’ve been spiritually
Take it for it what is..
Nothing more, nothing less
That’s all I’m asking yall…
I’m asking that
And that most of all
that you respect
My beautiful mess….
I love yall
No, really I do
-Shellz
1 comment:
Wow, chick, this one gave me chills! I can so relate in many of my own ways!
Post a Comment