Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Not Bitter just Wise.....


Days pass and I become more comfortable in my personal silence
No one to answer to
No one to learn
Or earn
Or settle for

My girls have had numerous conversations with me over the past few days about where I am in relation to men
Dating and
love


One sent me a text in the middle of the day just to say
She doesn’t want me to be bitter

I’m not.

I promise I’m not.

I have simply resigned to the fact that at this time
Its not something Im looking for. (Love)

I joke about the many stories and foolish games I have heard of
or been exposed to personally
But essentially its not a laughing manner.

Daily, weekly, hourly I hear horror stories
Of behaviors
that are not indicative of what I see in a potential life mate.

Lies, disrespect, disregard,
Tragedies

Leaving beautiful, talented, strong,
INTELLIGENT
Women in a place they never thought they would be in

Feeling

Worn

I know that in some respects society is to blame for the way our men treat us.

And
I know that as women we have to learn to relinquish some of our independence and allow them to lead us

I get that.

But if that is all a woman knows (being self sufficient)
and it has helped her to survive.

I don’t think a man should be intimidated by that.

I see women who are so on top of their game
Careers, Salaries, substance,
Goals,
Driven

Settling

Just to have a hand to hold
A body in the bed
Someone to date or play dress up for
For Sex

FOR COMPLETION.


I’ll pass on that...............................

What I am learning daily
What my horrible experiences with men have taught me is
that I am
so much stronger than I give myself credit for.

I will admit that at times being alone is
a dark and lonely place
HOWEVER
I am loved for who I am
In that place
And I see the beauty in that…..

Experience has also taught me that I am very
easy to love

and any man with
Eyes,
a heart,
who listens,
and is
Ready...........

Will see that.

Please believe me
Im not jaded,
I do BELIEVE
With everything in me that there are some men with substance
I know they exist

Im just waiting

PATIENTLY………….

Until the one who is designed for me

Arrives.


In the mean time I am going to continue to encourage my friends to date, and be open to love so that I can live vicariously through them

I LOVE to hear great stories about
Equally yoked relationships
TRUST ME
there
Wont be a hating bone in my body

I just know for me personally……
Its not something I am ready for

And most importantly

I refuse to manufacture a relationship

that I stand firm in .....

Ladies please call me with your wonderful stories of love and happines and HOPE

I am so ready to hear those things...

It will be refreshing......


It will make me smile


It will be a testament to What I believe
but have yet to experience....


Send it my way....

as
I could really use to live without the negativity.....
its draining.....
and to be honest
it will keep me nice and cozy in this place
I AM IN..........


Anyway,




Hope all is well in yalls world

LOVE YALL

Shellz

No comments: