Friday, June 4, 2010
Sleep
He said
“What is that You dream about?”
I took a breath
thought briefly about it
said
“ A lot of things”
“Ok.. Shellz can you be more specific”
I knew that would be his response
but
I feel like a kid again
because though I have dreams
At 31
It’s strange to say them out loud
They were supposed to have come true by now
Right?
“ I mean, I dream of sharing my wisdom, I dream of taking care of my mama, I dream of not feeling so overlooked”
He is hanging on to my every word
Rubs his eyes as if he needs to see me more clearly
then looks at me and says
“I have identical dreams”
“Really?”
“Yes”
I feel intrigued now……..
“So tell me what You dream about?”
He doesn’t look up
Just
Replies
“I told you my dreams are identical to yours”
I don’t care much for his response but I am willing to accept it
I guess…..
He speaks truth every time I talk to him so I feel compelled to ask
"So what do we do to make those dreams come true?”
He looks at his watch
Then back at me
And says
“ We wake up”
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
DAMN!!!!!!
He being who I think he is?
Post a Comment