Saturday
One of my closest guy friends and I were having one of our
Monthly ramblings and catch up conversations
It lasted
4 whole hours
Man…
he's so effin complex
so am I......
that’s why
we get each other
but
he
stings me
every damn time we talk
and
without trying....
Because he makes me think
and process stuff that
I hadn’t quite thought about processing
He’s NOT
one of those
“Oh ShellZ your prince charming will come one day kinda guys”
He’s more of a
“What are you doing to make your self available kinda guy”
That slays me
But I need those kind of friends ........
And that conversation got me to thinking….
I’m really
NOT
putting myself out there
And
that’s probably why my dating roster is so limited
( But I'm kinda cool with that though)
And I'm wondering Why???
Anyway......
he stung me when he asked
“Shellz, have you prepared or even thought about the possibility of being single for the rest of your life”
I answered……
“Yes”
Because
Well, I am.........
I’ve built myself a house made of those feelings
And it’s
a comfortable place to live.......
But I don’t
LOVE
living there….
Its similar to where I am in my life
I rent an amazing space
Its decorated and clean
It feels like home
And its suits me well
But…
I don’t OWN it
Just like I don’t
Quite
OWN
being single the rest of my life....
I’ve just become accustomed to it
Because
its compatible with where I am in my life.......
In hindsight, it hit me that
I gotta do something about my singleness
if nothing else...
Make a decision about some things
Choose the rain
or the
Sun....
But Yall I’m not rushing into anything
My mind wont even allow me to do so….
But I think I’m just about ready
I think....
We will see
I’m just holding myself accountable for the situation I am in
And taking responsibility
for what I need to do to change it
Am I cool with being single?
Yes
Does it scare me in the least
Hell no!
Am I wiling to settle for some foolishness?
Come on son? ((gives the screen the side eye))
Am I capable of loving someone whole heartedly again?
YES I AM……
3 comments:
You know I love everything you write. I love the truth in your conversations and in your writing. I can so hear you having this conversation with someone. LOL. You will definitely not be single for the rest of your life. You have so much love inside, you will definitely make a man an excellent wife. Keep being Shellz. That's all that matters.
You are so sweet Fritz!!!! Thank you a million times over for being so supportive of me.. You rock!
I think this is my favorite!
I'm feeling this one Shelley
~Donnisha
Post a Comment