Thursday, October 13, 2011

Things that Piss me off about being a woman (Random Rant)


Other women and their strange need to compare themselves to you

“Female problems” like bloat, fatigue, and that emotional ass crying that no matter how hard you try to fight…it will come anyway

Sexual objectification, being looked as breast or ass and rarely being thought of for your intelligence


How much we buy into the objectification, I mean even I struggle with body image issues what the definition of “sexy” is and the various standards of beauty

How men place all of us into these categories, like “every other woman I have dated has been a gold digger, or a cheater, so surely you must be”

How tiring it is to fight against those stereotypes..

How we gain weight, and how hard it is to get that weight to come off. I eat a piece of bread.. BOOM! 6 pounds on my hips.. Men eat a whole loaf.. nothing happens.. AND all they have to do is work out one time, and I mean one freakin time and instantly you see a change in their bodies…

I hate how we are thought of as the weaker vessel but we raise babies alone,  pick ourselves up from downheartedness,  work, go to school, maintain finances and for some reason all of that equates to being weak?? (I don’t get it)

How if we have an opinion, or actually know something about things other than makeup, shoes, and how to swap recipes  we are seen as angry, rebellious, or weird…..

Other women and their uncompromising attitudes towards greatness

How television and the media constantly displays as pretentious and catty, or extremely dull and lacking substance

How being dumb is the new sexy

Men don’t sing us love songs anymore

How chivalry isn’t dead, but it is surely becoming extinct

Being paid less then men, but secretly being the brains behind most ideas

GIRDLES, SPANX, CONTROL TOP HOSE, and  BRA’S..

And last but not least

Beauty regimens.. Waxing, shaving  plucking, curling, sewing, gluing, and pressing,  its all too much!!!!!!

Sometimes I'd rather have balls....
(Yea thats what I said)

Love yall

ShellZ

2 comments:

Donnisha said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

Chelles said...

YES!! I am with you 100%! Being a woman is tiresome!