(Copyright © All rights reserved)
I sat there in the middle of the floor with my glasses on
however, I couldn’t see a thing….
tears filled up in my eyes but I refused to let them drop
I told myself that I would walk around cloudy eyed before I would ever let
another man see me cry…
and I didn’t
He stood there in the door way, and in that moment I remember thinking
he never seemed that small before…
I guess
in my MIND
he was larger than life
The silence between us was loud
I heard what he was saying, and he heard me as well
the message was clear
this was the end..
and
it changed me.
Love has a strange way of doing that
It gives you purpose and
it also takes it away……
I got up off the floor, and stood what seemed miles apart from him
adjusted my posture
and gathered up every ounce of vigor I had left
and said
“You aren’t my GOD anymore”
he looked at me with pain in his eyes
and started to form words…
but
I interrupted him before he could even finish..
“There is nothing else to be said from you, I know now what man has never failed me
and I have to love him the way I loved you. As a matter of fact I have to love him more. So please, if you give me nothing else, give me the right to replace you with him. I need that to survive this, its all I have left”
He zipped his coat up, and bent down to pick up the mail he had dropped
looked in my direction
and spoke softly
“OK”
I couldn’t really see the expression on his face
because those cloudy tears in my eyes
hid that from me.
It was supposed to happen that way….
I heard the door close behind him
I waited 3 minutes and locked the door
and I did it!
allowed my self to feel pain, gave myself permission to hurt again
and I prayed
to the man that I spoke to him about
to let if go
to live again
and it was hard
but I managed…..
and I still am
Slowly but surely……….
2 comments:
I wanted to keep reading :-)
I agree with Donnisha!!! I am so proud of you for finally starting your book! I cannot wait to read the whole thing! And yes, just from this excerpt I can tell that I will be able to relate wholeheartedly to it, before it's even finished! I can see it now.... "Shelly Tyler- #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list!" Then... the movie! Who will you pick to play you? :o)) Keep it up chick! Lots of fans out there depending on ya! (No pressure, of course! hehehe!)
Post a Comment