Friday, February 14, 2014

Dear Valentine




I’m very private when it comes to love affairs, because if I don’t know anything else I know emotions are fleeting.

One day you’re high in the clouds, floating, dancing and everything is a bright shade of yellow, and out of nowhere
 it disappears.

 But, this (US) feels different to me.
Like, we will have some bad days and you wont run
Like sometimes even when I don’t look beautiful, you will still tell me that I am
Like because you have studied me, and KNOW me and my FULL self (even when I didn’t notice you were studying)
We will be OK.

I am a dreamer by nature, it takes a long time for me to complete things because if they don’t look like the dream I envisioned, I don’t feel like its good enough…..

You remind me that things don’t have to be perfect, and that sometimes I will fail, and no matter what you still think I’m fly.....

Unfortunately, because  of some of my poor decisions, I will fall down sometimes. But, if I fall and you CANT catch me,  I KNOW you will lay right on the ground beside me until WE come up with a solution on how I can get back up. I've prayed for that.

You speak  of us being a team. I’m honored to be a part of yours, and trust me I will be your MVP

I love that I don’t have to compete or choose between you and my relationship with God. You say that my heart for serving is what makes me so attractive to you. That alone, makes you worth every mile of this journey we are on. God is the best foundation for any relationship, thanks for encouraging that.

We piss each other off, laugh, cry, and unload baggage, sometimes all in the same day. But that’s OK with me. I’m learning you, and you’re learning me, and the pace of things is just right.

I am thankful for mutual friends, “the bond” the music, and commonalities that have brought us together, and I’m grateful that we decided not to worrying about time and distance and agreed to let GOD  navigate things for us.

Thank you for showing me how amazing you think I am RIGHT NOW. Not when its over, not when things are rocky, but RIGHT NOW… I appreciate every song, card, flower, balloon, and your dedication to learning about the things and people who are closest to me.

Love, we have what it takes to make magic, because you are my FRIEND first and protecting me is what makes you happy.

 This has been a long time coming, and now I see that every failed situation, broken heart, battered spirit, lonely night, was preparing me for this moment. I can appreciate someone like you now..

Before, I couldn't..

 Who knew a conversation about music would turn into this… Lets Rock it out baby! I am excited about what is next for us, Good,Bad whatever, I'm down for this!

Team US

In the words of Lalah Hathaway “ I don’t think that I could love you more, if I tried”

X0X0X0X

-Shellz

2 comments:

Your Favorite DJ said...

I'm humbled and I'm so greatful for your words because I feel the same way about you baby. I love you & #TeamUs all day. You are amazing and I'm glad you are in my life. xoxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

You deserve it Shells I'm happy for you