Chile, I waited until I was 35 and went and got braces!! And before you start making up scenarios as to why I did…please know
I got them because I have always hated my smile.
(Go look at my past blogs. I have written about my crooked teeth a thousand times.)
Anyway, braces are EXPENSIVE!!!! I’ll be honest; this is like having a car payment. But its time I invest in myself and I am happy that I did.
I got what they call “cosmetic braces" and I only have to wear them for 6 months. They don't really correct my bite, but will straighten the crooked teeth in the front that have caused me to constantly hide my smile.
The wires are tooth colored, and the brackets are clear so you really can’t tell I have them on. I have lost about 4 pounds so far because eating with them is ROUGH! I also had to learn to pronounce certain words again because having braces changes your speech a little.
This is so ignorant but I am SUPER paranoid about having bad breath, so I have altoids in my mouth like 23 hours per day. I know my boo is sick of me pulling out my mirror to look at my teeth after every sip or bite, but I’m always like
“Ugh I hope I don’t have spinach or carrots all caught up in these wires”
Its going to take some getting used to, but I keep telling myself I only have to wear them for 6 months! That’s only half a year.!!! I think I can survive that. Time will fly by..
it always does.
You know what, It’s crazy… but since I have gotten them on, my confidence level has already improved.
However, I realized that I don’t know how to smile anymore. I’m so used to covering my teeth that I have to learn how to be comfortable showing them again.
I’ve been practicing lately, and this picture below is about all I can come up with..
LOL LOL LOL!That smile is RIDICULOUS! LOL LOL LOL
I know, I am so dramatic. I’ll keep yall posted on how things go! I’m SO excited, and when they come off.. You won’t be able to get me to stop
CHEEEESING!!
Love yall!
Shellz

No comments:
Post a Comment