Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Good Frday



I know I am writing this on a Thursday but what I am about to discuss really resonated with me. I was chatting via e-mail with one of my mentors and of course when you are playing catch up with someone it is so easy to discuss the negative in your life. I was complaining about my job and how stressed I am and the few curve balls life as thrown my way. I went on this 3 paragraph tangent about how sorry I was feeling for myself and how I am really in desperate need of some change. As she always does, my mentor left me with amazing words of encouragement. You know, the usual statements of cheer "You are amazing" or the "You can do it" speech. The words we all need to hear every now and then.

Anyway, what resonated with me was not the boost of confidence she gave throughout our conversation, but how she ended her e-mail. She told me to have a good weekend and then stated at the end " I Hope your Friday is not as bad as Jesus' was. Remember there are Reasons to be grateful for the mess we're in and the devils we know" I sat there in silence. Looking at my computer screen and reading that statement over and over again. Yall what she said is soo true. Tomorrow is Good Friday and many of us who believe in the Crucifixion/resurrection story know that Jesus had a bad Friday. Worse than any day that anyone of us have ever endured. I read that statement and thought to myself, How can I complain? Man, I am really shook behind that statement. Hopefully it will make you think about a few things too.... I really cant get that out of my head, It really made me think.. anyway,I will quit rambling, but I had to share that with the people I love. Think about it yall, It could always be so much worse.



Man I need to "Get my house in order" I have some serious praying to do this evening. I gotta go, I need to meditate.

I hope yall have a good weekend, and enjoy your Easter!

I LOVE YALL (I really do)

Stay- Relevant

1 comment:

Muntu357 said...

Some if not all of us carry these visible and invisible scars, just as Jesus (Isa, Yashuwa) carried them, and so did his Apostles in their last days. The symbolic death of Christ is in resemblance of the hardships that we face in our everyday lives, and like you said be mindful of the tribulations and challenges Christ faced in his life. So that we do not worry....which is sinful in itself and do not dwell in our life hardships.

I do not believe that the so called Christians hold a patent or copyright for the holiday as to finding meaning in the resurrection of Christ....remember to deny something exists...is to give it existence. Yet we of Faith and even those that are faithless all have anecdotes of religion that help us grow in our relationship to the Supreme being by whatever name.

I like your mentor...cause I too was on paragraph 3 and had not took a breath...when my Mentor told me...

...Our current situations in life temporarily CONFINES us, but we must be mindful to not let our current situations in life DEFINE us....

think on that

Still trying to be your Man...(wink, wink)

Jah-ra'el