Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mental Sabbatical



Im stretched thin yall. I was talking to a friend last night about how I feel so overwhelmed these days. Not because of my job (Though it is quite stressful, at times) Not because of things going on in my personal (Things could always be better) but because I am trying soo hard to be perfect a too many things.

I feel like that song "I am every woman" I wear too many mask sometimes, and when I am alone in my "me" space I cant remember who I want to be. Last night at about 11:00I was in my bed, thinking about how many mask I had to wear yesterday, and I thought to myself "I am the shit!" Not tryna toot my own horn but I know some people could handle the things that incur on a daily basis in my life. Sometimes I don't fee like being deep. Sometimes I just wanna say simple words, and do simple things, and wear basic clothes and just be, But I couldn't reckon with it if I tried. I am the mother to my students, the counselor to my friends, sometimes a financial advisor/lender, the prayer warrior, the solidfier, the lover, the keeper, the peace maker, the enemy, and most often the friend. That's alot, and I am sure many of yall can relate.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade a nary (country slang) one of my mask in for the other but I wonder what would happen if I slacked off while wearing one of my mask. What happens tomorrow if I just stop repairing and examining other peoples mess. Wonder how many days it would take me to repair what I refused to repair. Im not gonna do it, and I am just learning to except that this is my calling. I guess in some odd way Im serving my purpose. But, man do I need some personal time.

Anyway, I am done with my whining and crying, but as I say Its my blog and I can cry if I want too!

On a lighter note, I was looking for a video to show to my student on you tube and found another hilarious Cosby show episode. I loved this one! Maybe when I take my Mental Sabbatical I can go to Baltimore and be with the Retched and have BIIIIIIG FUN! Please enjoy below!



Im Outta here, its been a long day

I LOVE YOU

-Stay Relevant

P.S. 7 MO DAYS PLAYA!!

No comments: