Me and BFF had a long conversation about finances and the definition of success. We spent an hour ranting and raving about how the grass isnt always greener on the other side. She is a top Ad exec making good money and bored out of her wits with her job, and all its travel and "glamour" and I am a underpaid therapist, counselor, dream crusher and keeper of adult children, who could use some extra cash. I thought about it last night and I guess.. defined by my own terms I am successful. I always said I wanted a career that afforded me the opportunity to make a difference. One that allowed me to share my "story" and personal growth. I've never wanted to be rich, I just want to be comfortable so...... I guess thats me. Im comfortable in my struggle. I feel like its going to get better and I am blessed to be surrounded by folks who love me. ( in my personal life)
On another note my co-worker and I were talking today about learning to forgive and letting go of things, and I just realized Im not good at that. I was telling her about a person who approached me after years and years of a "beef" and how it took everything in me to be polite and not bring up the past. I was kind, I slightly entertained the bullshit, but man it was hard. She was saying she is the same way. I know its not right to hold grudges and I honestly have let them go. But am I wrong for deciding that I feel if a person has no purpose in my life I shouldn't talk to them at all? I mean what for? Why should I entertain catching you up on all the progress in my lfe, if it were meant for you to take part of, you would have been there right? I can count one hand the number of people I HONESTLY dont like and they are included in that figure because what they did to me or how they crossed me is beyond repair. I pride myself on being a good friend. I will be honest, you can have my last, and if need be I will get out some Vaseline and take off my hoop earrings, Yeap Im ride or die!. What do I require.... THE SAME.
BRB to finish my thought in a second (duty calls) I just had to put that in the air real quick....
1 comment:
YES I am reading all of your old blogs. I wish I had knew about them back in 2008 I'd be checking for new writings all the time just like I do now :-)
Im so much in agreement with alot of things your write about. And I see myself in alot of the writings. Girl keep doing what you do. Im a fan.
Post a Comment