
So Friday after work, I went home threw some stuff in a bag and hit the road to visit my peeps in Atlanta. I remember when I was younger going to Atlanta was like going to the UK or Jamaica some where. It was like foreign land considering I was from Kentucky I used to be overly excited to see......
Well established Black folks
living well living like people in those books I used to read
Now...
Its over populated.
If you've seen one shopping centre
you've seen them all.
No different than Charlotte to me
Just larger and surrounded by
more hype.
However, its the South and I love it.
It was a beautiful thang to pull up at my homies house and see faces I haven't see in sooo damn long
When You're away from someone for a long time You forget their mannerism
You forget what people look like when they laugh.
Why they are your best friend.
I got my swagger back yall.
Sometimes it takes
being around the people that know you
best
to remind you
how far you have come and what you are capable of
I was thinking on the way back, how these people knew me when I was a
little girl
young, dumb, at battle
with myself
They have seen me win those battles
they have seen me loose some too.
Shit some of them were on the front line
crushing the enemy
right along with me (my girls can laugh at that one)
Ive fought for them too
those battles made us all stronger.....
Into
Women
Into
Men
This weekend I realized that I have been caught up in this routine of mine
called
LIFE
for a minute now,
and it did me some justice to sit on the couch
and talk about old times, the old
ME and
LAUGH
LAUGH
Peep, NOTICE, discover
LAUGH
Heal,
decide.....
Yeap thats right.
I decided
NOT TO DECIDE
To just be who I am
and maybe then someone will see the beauty in that
if they do they will be my life mate
if they don't.....
they will move out of the way for my life mate
to arrive
Yeap.
That's what I decided
To remember who I am
Be grateful for the good people in my life
to keep my swagger
it looks good on me
and
I LIKE IT
1 comment:
I am sooo feeling you on this!
I fight myself daily... still here in Franktown. I know when I go home I can take my bags off and just be me!
I'm glad you took the trip to ATL to renew your swag!! lol
Post a Comment