Friday, December 19, 2008

Fasting




Ive been fasting for the past few weeks, and its been a fast that most people would think is odd.
Ive been on a media fast
three days a week
NO MEDIA
No, television, no blogs, no magazines
no radio
just me, music with no lyrics
and sometimes silence.

(facebook and myspace are like crack.. so I'm working on that)

Its been a good thing for me.
It has forced me to write
reflect
pause
think about how I want to begin next year
because though many will disagree
I do believe
that who I am on
12/31
can be much different than
who I will be on
1/1

My coworker asked me what I wanted for Xmas and I said
"to keep this feeling"
I don't pretend to have a perfect life but I have
NEVER
been so sure of myself

I know that I am smart enough to get this PhD
I just need to do it
I know that I could be more physically fit
I just need to stop super-sizing every damn thing
I know Ive fallen short in the spiritual zone
I just need to stop looking for excuses not to go to a house of worship

However, with all that being said...
I'm real good though
really good.....

I am really
liking my drama free life
rejecting all forms of misery
making people laugh
laughing at my own foolishness
loving that even with a little change in my pocket

I'M RICH IN SOLITUDE

When I get home, I usually strip
eat, watch television, read celebrity gossip,
until I am sleep

when I am on my media fast,
I create my own fantasy world
using my words
using my talents
using my pain

I wrote a whole chapter this week yall
dont know how it fits into the scope of this story Im working on
but I think it reads well
I like it
it flows
its relatable
its some of my best work

Anyway, today is my last day of work for almost 3 weeks
Im going to chill.
No fixing of anyone elses problems
no over extending myself
Im going to enjoy this holiday break with
friends, family, and
just....
EXHALE.

Yea, Ima
Exhale.....

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your holiday season. just having you all read my personal thoughts and riding my lifes wave with me..
Is present enough for me
THANKS FOR THAT GIFT
I appreciate yall
I really do.

Hope all is well in yall world,

Love yall

Stay-Relevant

1 comment:

Lola's Daughter said...

...not an usual fast at all!
i am proud of you Shellz!!!
Your growth has been consistent and a huge motivation for me to want to be the best me I can be...
And that's a priceless gift, too!
Thanx!