Friday, December 12, 2008

Sailing...

This week has been an unusually busy and eventful week for me. My office has been flooded with students in a panic about the economy and what to do after graduation. Im just about all out of words. I just listen to each individual story, and offer as much encouragement as possible. Speak of working towards marketability, and finding ways to set themselves apart.

Then...
I had an interesting conversation with someone about how her whole life is composed around this man she is with
and how it just hit her that after graduation she will be expected to produce,
become
and
Be
Something..

She spoke of how she was intimate with this guy very early on
and has since gone into overdrive trying to prove she is a good woman.
Man, that smacked me all in my face!
I kept it real with her and told her that I have been in that situation before
and that the worst mistake we make as women
sharing ourselves with someone carelessly
Becoming emotionally attached
THEN
Trying to create meaning
Around it.

Big Mistake
Never works, never will…

Anyway, I couldn’t give any solid advice
I just listened
because
I am not sure how one gets out of that type of situation

seemingly it feels like a real relationship
but yet the
Foundation t
is
Questionable..

I gave an analogy using just that:
I asked her if she wanted to build a house
wouldn't she research the neighborhood?
Wouldn't she want to build using the best materials possible

She said yes? I told her to think of relationships the same
No solid foundation
Poor surroundings
does it make for a comfortable place to live?

Oh well its about living and learning...


Then I talked to an old friend about my previous blog and why I
Was still angry
Im not
Really
Im not
Just don’t believe in counter factual relationships
Friendships
or
relationships

On another note, Im going to feed the homeless tomorrow
We are expecting about 500 people who are either homeless
or extremely poor
That should put things into
Perspective
for me,
remind me of why I do what I do
be thankful for what I have
and smile because
it always be so much worse…

Hope all is well in yalls world,

Love yall

Stay- Relevant

*Oh and I’m not a huge fan of Avant, but this remake of Christopher Cross’ Sailing is actually pretty good…I prefer the original but it’s a feel good song.

The Lyrics...
Wow..
Much needed

DECIDE FOR YOURSELF which is your fave...

CHRISTOPHER CROSS



AVANT

2 comments:

Lola's Daughter said...

SHELLZ MY BELLE!!!

I am in the boat with cha girl...l0l!! ..no that's not funny, but I am. (and just posted a blog about it!)
And I'm a grown as woman... but not really! I have so much growing up to do! I wonder sometimes if it's because I started dating so late... IDK!!!
Advice on the subject is hard to give, even harder to take. I think what you did say was AWESOME... way to think on your toes...l0l! But it's definitely something I am living and learning and I think we all do, if it doesn't come naturally to be about self-love 1st and foremost. When we fall for a guy, boy do we!!! Maybe that's why it's called 'fall in love'... we need a phrase for a healthy relationship...or is there one?!

Relevantlystaying said...

The Phrase for a healthy relationship has already been coined it called :BLISS! lol!

Im still waiting for hit honey...