
Dear Arizona, Pearl, Myrtle, Viola, and Fannie,
For so many years growing up people kept telling me that one day I would uphold my Pyramid or Ivy, and become one of the “great ones”. Something in my spirit told me differently. I knew that I wanted to walk to the beat of my own drum, and you founded an organization that not only accepted that. It was
For so many years growing up people kept telling me that one day I would uphold my Pyramid or Ivy, and become one of the “great ones”. Something in my spirit told me differently. I knew that I wanted to walk to the beat of my own drum, and you founded an organization that not only accepted that. It was
EXPECTED.
Who knew that Finer-Womanhood would become part of the thread of my very existence? Who knew that the 8 other girls who made that looooooooooong and tedious trek into Zeta land would turn out to be some of the most trustworthy and understanding women in my life. Thank you for affording me the opportunity to be surrounded by so many women of intelligence and honor. Many of them I not only call sister or sands, I call them friend.
Thank you for standing firm in the belief that someone had to take a stand and found an organization that was not based on elitism, internalized oppression and skin color but on the notion that in
EVERY WOMAN
There is A
FINER WOMAN
Thank you for your dream , thank you for vision, and most importantly thank you for allowing me to carry on your legacy and TRULY become one of the
great ones.
HAPPY FOUNDERS DAY SORORS!
Love Yall
ShellZ
1 comment:
HAPPY FOUNDERS DAY SOROR
-Shanna
Post a Comment