Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I CANT TAKE IT





"wud up shells i c u stil lokin gud, keep doin whateva u doin whi you nt mrd now daze? Last i c'n u wuz in atl. u stil look da sm az frshmn yr. Holla at yo boi sumtime, i c u n crlt, 1 day i can cum thru. be gud."



IS THIS FOOL F*&%$# SERIOUS???


I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE text message talk. What grown ass man (32) sends me messages like this on a social network site?



Im sure this doesn't bother most people. However,I like to write therefore communication is key. The sexiest thing in the world is an intelligent man, who writes well. He can look like Dennis Rodman, but if he can write and has some intellect, its worth a shot to me.
Where is Levar and is Reading Rainbow Crew when we need him?


Why is it not cool to write long letters anymore? Why dont people read anymore. Why are we so ignorant that we replace the Y in the word why with an I? Do children still write letters in school anymore? Do they still fold them up in that little triangle with the pull tab? When a little girl needs to decide if she wants a boyfriend, does she still check yes or no?
Or do we text message everything now days?
When I got the message above it took me a long time to even figure out what he was saying. When I finally figured it out.....


I responded
"wow"

His response

"wut dat mean?"

I QUIT!!!
Give me a pen and paper any day over that BS!!!

I just had to get that off my chest....

Hope all is well in yalls world
Love yall,
ShellZ
P.S. Maybe I was exaggerating about Dennis Rodman. He looks like a catdogmonkeyskunk. UUUH!

3 comments:

NightFall914 said...

I hear that.Now I'm not going to be a hypocrite cuz I use a lot of short hand "textual" lettering myself but there's a limit to that. A point where you cross the "just saving time" line and enter the "textually disturbing Ebonics" area.

Few Redeeming Qualities.... said...

wow, straight foolishness. and i take it that he is a grown ass man too. wow, he needs to tighten up

Anonymous said...

Lol! I can't figure out everything he is talking about. I thought kids were the only people who used shorthand text in that manner. That is absolutely FOOLISH!