Friday, March 20, 2009

On my Heart


So everyone that is close to me knows that I believe in God. I know that there is a Devine who is the source of all my strength. I talk to him, and quite often he gives me guidance for my life.

I can remember my when I was about 8 years old I was sitting in church, and out of no-place I looked up and I was at the front of the church, microphone in hand saying


"I wanted to give my life to Christ"


I meant that with all my heart when I said that.


The Devine has been with me ever since.




My sister and I were raised in the church, and participated in every and all aspects of the church life (sometimes willingly or unwillingly) We didn't grow up rich, but we had a praying family.




You loose your job
pray about it




No money
pray about it



Husband leaves you
pray about it

I can remember praying for my bullies in school.




My sister and I were taught the direct connection to every thing was powered by God.


I still believe that with all my heart to this day.
Another time I can remember knowing that there was truly a DEVINE existence is when I was in the 4th grade. I had just left field day at my school, and was excited to show my mother my trophy from winning the 50 yard dash.


I can see it as plain as day in my head




My mother waiting for me to get off the bus
the neighbors,
brown buildings to my right
kids walking down the street with brown sacks from the convenient store

That brown/gold car coming towards me as I was running across the street




(((BAM)))




It hit me and my little 9 Year old body flew into the sky.
I should have hit the ground with a

thump!




I didn't.


Everyone that was there says I came down like a feather.
Almost like someone was cradling me as I hit the ground

I remember that.
I remember coming down from the sky feeling....




Covered.




Every time I think of that. I realize its the metaphor of my life.

I get overly excited about the things that I am blessed with in my life. I notice my surroundings, but I forget to be cautious. Then out of no-place something that could destroy me comes racing in my direction, and


(((BAM))
it hits me.


I should be injured, destroyed, beyond repair
But nope


Like always.....
I am
COVERED.....

He cradles me, and protects me despite my carelessness. every time
IM ALWAYS COVERED.......

I know this is a little different from my typical rant and rave and this post isnt for everyone. But, I dont apologize for taking a moment to acknowledge, how grateful I am to know that God is real.
Im not perfect, and I DON'T PRETEND OR FAKE like I am....
I am truly a work in progress.
But.

I just had put those words in the Universe.
God deserves it.

Hope all is well in yalls world
Love yall




Shellz

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im crying...

Anonymous said...

God is good!!

Anonymous said...

Its crazy how talented u r. I didnt know that happened to you as a kid shellz...

Nysh

Anonymous said...

Imagery at its best....