So I began this blog from a place of emptiness
Literally
An empty place
Because I was packing..
But then,
I had to place the blog on hold and move to my new space
I did
And
Man
You guys can only imagine how great it feels to be here
Some people move for financial reasons only
Others because they feel that living in a particular place give them status
I moved because it was time
Walls were closing in on me
The colors were dull
I felt trapped
The energy was different
And it no longer felt like
Home to me
It felt like
Like
where
I paid the rent…
I’ve been in my own apartment since I was almost 20
I’m totally past the whole
Glamour stage
Where things have to look pristine and impressive
At this point in my life
Where I sleep every night
needs to feel like
a HOME
Home to me is
Cleanliness
Order
Freedom
And
lots and lots of natural light
I have all of those things and more in my new space
And don’t even get me started at how blessed I was to get it in the first place
I not the type of person to look at anything on the surface
I could have just moved in and said
Tah Daaah
I have a new place
But I'm looking at the possibilities of the space
I have no memories here
(other than the ones I created with friends who came down to helped me paint)
I'm looking forward to that
to Girls Nights out
movie
huge dinners..
and conversations
Here's to new beginnings
new energy
and a place that I can call home
1 comment:
Love it Shelley!
~Donnisha
Post a Comment