
I'll be in Denver Colorado all next week. With my job. (Jesus be a Fence)I will try to blog if time permits. I did pack my journal so I can write down the things I see and do. Stay tuned for updates... It sucks they aren't sending me the following week. That would be when the Democratic National Convention is held and I would actually be looking forward to a work related trip. (That would be too much like right....) OH Well Ima make the best of it. I hear there is a possibility some skiing may be involved. Guess who wont be participating in that event.......
However we are staying in Downtown Denver and I have an old high-school classmate that lives there now. Hopefully I will be able to site see and stray away from folks long enough to make it a mini vacation. Let us Pray........

Anyway.... So What about how the Jamaican Olympic Team is slaying the WHOLE WORLD in Track and Field? (Though Tyson Gay is from my home town and high-school and I was rooting for him) Im REALLY proud of the Jamaican Team!!!
My Jamaican co-worker was at dinner last night waving her hands and cheering Usain Bolt on in Petois or Petwah as we say it.
I love when she gets excited. I cant understand a damn word she says but she is hilarious.
All last night she kept waving and shooing her hands at him while he was running and saying:
All last night she kept waving and shooing her hands at him while he was running and saying:
"Gwan Pickney!!!" "Gwan!!!"
(Hurry/Go Child Hurry!)
*---------------Pause------------- When you were reading this did you do the Jamaican accent in your head? I did it as I typed..... LOL! Thats funny! --------------Play--------------*
We had some curried chicken, roti, potatoes, and they ate some curried mango's. (I couldn't do that one it looked to similar to the chicken, something about the thought of fried mango just dont quite sit well with me) My contribution was some Sangria with Peaches, Berries, and Pineapples. Man we ate and Drank good!! I love get together's like that. Its my turn next and Im supposed to cook some soulfood. Yall know Im gonna throw down. Word on the street is I can cook... or Burn, or tear up the kitchen....I dont mean to toot my own horn (beep beep) but I have gotten quite fierce in the kitchen over the past few years.... Im looking forward to that. Ima have to call my granny and get some recipe's. Anyway...
I gotta finish packing and get me a good rest. Its gonna be a long week.
I hope all is well in yalls world, I'm in a happy place today, glad to be alive and thankful to be breathing.
Love yall
Stay-Relevant
ShellZ
1 comment:
Hey Shelley,
This is Karlisha (Think K-State, Think Kim Hayes Hyphen Haskins ?)
Anywho, so, I get this email telling me about K-state's Ning page and I go & look around for a while. Needless to say, I come across your profile and I am surprised to see you have your current city listed as Charlotte, NC. I, too, live in the Queen City! Just relocated a couple of months ago and I am still getting settled in. I figured I had to know someone in this place. Anywho, couldn't leave a comment on the Ning page because I am not a member (boo!) and I just wasn't willing to join.
Anywho, would love to catch up and get your take on the city. Feel free to drop me an email at Karlisha12@yahoo.com.
Later...
Post a Comment