
If you read a lot of blogs like I do you will most often find that the creator/editor usually has a celebrity crush or someone whom they are a "stans" for. (stalker fans)
Im not really the type of person who gets star struck. I have come across quite a few celebrities at parties, concerts, airports,walking around in New York, and charity events. They are people with issues, and concerns just like us, they just have enough money to cover or mask them all. So I say get all bent out of shape for what?
There are some artist, writers, and actors who have a craft I respect immensely and will always support but I just cant get down with falling apart, screaming and passing out because I am in their presence. The only person I think I would pee on myself if I ran into personally would be Michael Jackson, and thats because thats an old school appreciation for what he is, was and could be if would stop being so damn odd!
Im not really the type of person who gets star struck. I have come across quite a few celebrities at parties, concerts, airports,walking around in New York, and charity events. They are people with issues, and concerns just like us, they just have enough money to cover or mask them all. So I say get all bent out of shape for what?
There are some artist, writers, and actors who have a craft I respect immensely and will always support but I just cant get down with falling apart, screaming and passing out because I am in their presence. The only person I think I would pee on myself if I ran into personally would be Michael Jackson, and thats because thats an old school appreciation for what he is, was and could be if would stop being so damn odd!
Anyway, I figure I were to stans or be nuts over someone it would have to be Jeff Johnson AKA Cousin Jeff from BET. Thats someone with a mission. I dont understand being crazy over someone with no purpose. Like who stans Lil Wayne? He's a glorified junkie? Or Beyonce, yes she is talented and beautiful but so is Michelle Obama and she's the next first lady a Harvard graduate and she has style and grace that IS NOT MANUFACTURED.
I was in a department store today listening to these little girl go on and on about how Little Wayne was sooo cute and he was their boyfriends.. (I used to be like that... Ralph Tresvant was my boyfriend when he was in New Edition) One of the little girls mothers called herself tryna be hip and starting singing Lolipop by lil Wayne. The all laughed and giggled like that ignorance was cute. I thought to myself why would you do that? Give those little girls the book "The Bluest Eye" and let them read about little Pecola Breedlove, Toni Morrison's protagonist character and her battles with self imagery and discovery. Stop letting our little girl idolize foolishness!!!!
The sad part is I don't know who I would allow my daughter to "stans" all these fools out here are corny to me. (Though little Chris Brown is handsome and seems to be a decent little guy so far.) But Lil Wayne? for a 11 year old girl? Why?
I hate the state of music and the entertainment industry as a whole. There is a whole lot of ignorant people giving a mediocre performance and people actually mistake that CRAP as talent. If I had 100 ghost writers, producers, stage managers, stylist, makeup artist, and PHOTO-SHOP. I could SEEM perfect as well. Man we gotta start idolizing real people. People who serve a purpose. Shirley Chislom's, and Zora Neal Hurstons, and Jeff Johnson's, and Barack Obamas, and Walter Mosleys, and Bill Cosbys, and Donny Hathaway's, and ....... again people with purpose and message. We are setting our babies up for failure by teaching the age old unrealistic lesson
that money and fame = IMPORTANCE. I say teach them that graduating from high school is important, and utilizing their talents are important, and the importance of realizing that success is determined by their own personal definition.. Not how important it is that the chain hangs low, or how purple the label is.... We gotta do better yall. We really do. Im so frustrated with today's society. Were getting there but Man we have a long way to go.
Have a good night yall,
Love yall
Stay- Relevant
1 comment:
if you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything......and the youth has fallen hard
Post a Comment