
Incase yall didn’t know, I am really different.
I was thinking today about the transition I am in, and how to continue to be resilient
I was thinking today about the transition I am in, and how to continue to be resilient
and
It hit me
that I already am.
The way I deal with relationships (with friends, men, and even in my professional) is the opposite of how most deal.
I endure my storm before the calm.
Its so easy to get into a situation and give half heartedly. Its easy to coexist in a situation and do just enough to make it work.
To listen when you want to listen, to give when you want to give, overextend ONLY when you want to overextend or expect benefits.
As opposed to
Listening when you don’t want to, giving when you feel as if you have nothing else left, and overextend even when you are getting the bare minimum in return.
That’s my storm.
I weather it, shield it, and ride it out. Because I believe that’s necessary. I think its cowardly to half give in any situation. I don’t see anything wrong with giving without getting in return because
That’s my storm
It is a foreign concept to put myself first in ALL things. Most importantly, reliability is the equivalent to honesty. So I say what I mean and mean what I say. It’s the hardest thing in life to do, but I do it because
That’s my storm
It hit me
that I already am.
The way I deal with relationships (with friends, men, and even in my professional) is the opposite of how most deal.
I endure my storm before the calm.
Its so easy to get into a situation and give half heartedly. Its easy to coexist in a situation and do just enough to make it work.
To listen when you want to listen, to give when you want to give, overextend ONLY when you want to overextend or expect benefits.
As opposed to
Listening when you don’t want to, giving when you feel as if you have nothing else left, and overextend even when you are getting the bare minimum in return.
That’s my storm.
I weather it, shield it, and ride it out. Because I believe that’s necessary. I think its cowardly to half give in any situation. I don’t see anything wrong with giving without getting in return because
That’s my storm
It is a foreign concept to put myself first in ALL things. Most importantly, reliability is the equivalent to honesty. So I say what I mean and mean what I say. It’s the hardest thing in life to do, but I do it because
That’s my storm
To many it seems crazy, but I stand firm in my approach
Because
When the storm ends
and I look back over all that I have endured and how hard I worked to stay afloat
I actually appreciate the sun
And embrace the calm
I actually appreciate the sun
And embrace the calm
That comes
After it.
After it.
Whats that mean in Non poets terms? It means I fight in most situations others turn the cheek. I take it all on so that noone can ever say I didnt try, and once that storm (fight) is over. I walk away a winner. Regardless,
because I gave it my best.
This doesnt mean Im going to continue to fight or endure the storm
it means I already have and
Im moving on......
No comments:
Post a Comment