
I heard someone say once that we never sleep alone
There is always someone lying in the
bed with us
There is always someone lying in the
bed with us
Some remnants of a past lover
Memories
Smells
Gifts
They all lay in bed beside us each night.
Then we meet others and invite them to join us in that space
Smells
Gifts
They all lay in bed beside us each night.
Then we meet others and invite them to join us in that space
And
the bed gets crowded
Crowded with only 2 people in the bed
because
the
remains
of many others
are
the bed gets crowded
Crowded with only 2 people in the bed
because
the
remains
of many others
are
tucked in tight
That’s a scary and deep theory
Because I wonder how many people I unknowingly shared a bed with?
Laying beside someone feeling as if I were the
only one
but mentally
That’s a scary and deep theory
Because I wonder how many people I unknowingly shared a bed with?
Laying beside someone feeling as if I were the
only one
but mentally
they were with
her
I wonder how many times I subjected someone to sharing my bed?
Feeling like
I was only in it
her
I wonder how many times I subjected someone to sharing my bed?
Feeling like
I was only in it
for them
and mentally
I
was miles away from our moments together..........
I know I’ve done it
Man…..
Being in bed with someone is so much deeper than sex
It’s where you pray and ask God for another day
Its where you think
I
was miles away from our moments together..........
I know I’ve done it
Man…..
Being in bed with someone is so much deeper than sex
It’s where you pray and ask God for another day
Its where you think
Acknowledge
contemplate
Let go
and
Respite
Our thoughts and recollections really do keep us company
But the question is….
is it always good company?
Probably sometimes………
Until it overcrowds our existence
Forcing us to push the people who’ve invested in us
OUT
Damn…..
I don’t want to lay in a crowded bed
I don’t want to see my friends laying in crowded beds
Knowingly
Or
unknowingly
How do we fix that though?…
Everyone has baggage….
Everyone carries some parts of a past situation
and
Respite
Our thoughts and recollections really do keep us company
But the question is….
is it always good company?
Probably sometimes………
Until it overcrowds our existence
Forcing us to push the people who’ve invested in us
OUT
Damn…..
I don’t want to lay in a crowded bed
I don’t want to see my friends laying in crowded beds
Knowingly
Or
unknowingly
How do we fix that though?…
Everyone has baggage….
Everyone carries some parts of a past situation
with them
In their thoughts
In their thoughts
and in their actions....
But in the words of Erykah Badu
“We need to pack light”
My heart hurts tonight, because one of my girls got
Disregarding BADLY by someone she once loved
I love her and she knows it,
Reads this blog
And expects me to be honest
She caused some of her own misery
By ignoring the signs
BUT
Feelings and Attachments
Are
Disconnected
But in the words of Erykah Badu
“We need to pack light”
My heart hurts tonight, because one of my girls got
Disregarding BADLY by someone she once loved
I love her and she knows it,
Reads this blog
And expects me to be honest
She caused some of her own misery
By ignoring the signs
BUT
Feelings and Attachments
Are
Disconnected
from
Logic
I hate that the entire time she was laying beside this man
His heart was somewhere else…..
I hate that the entire time she was laying beside this man
His heart was somewhere else…..
I’ve seen my male friends in similar situations
Sharing a bed
Sharing a bed
and willing to sleep in it
Uncomfortably
Uncomfortably
Just to be in someone's
bed…..
I cant even end this blog with some nugget of wisdom because
bed…..
I cant even end this blog with some nugget of wisdom because
I don’t know how to quite process this shit….
It’s a scary thought….
And we cant say it requires a solution
Or can we?
What I do know is that
I EXPECT
It’s a scary thought….
And we cant say it requires a solution
Or can we?
What I do know is that
I EXPECT
my girl to pick herself up
And try again
I KNOW
That once she takes a moment to see the value in herself she might make better choices
AND
gain some strength back from fighting this love tug or war…….
All the best to you honey…… All the best to everyone in similar situations
Its gotta get better….
And here’s to
Sleeping in beds
With just enough space for 2…………………..
LOVE YALL
ShellZ
And try again
I KNOW
That once she takes a moment to see the value in herself she might make better choices
AND
gain some strength back from fighting this love tug or war…….
All the best to you honey…… All the best to everyone in similar situations
Its gotta get better….
And here’s to
Sleeping in beds
With just enough space for 2…………………..
LOVE YALL
ShellZ
1 comment:
only u can break that shit down like that shel-bel. nutZ!!
-NYSH
Post a Comment