Sunday, February 6, 2011

Letters

I’m not going to church today

because

I don’t feel like dealing with the Hoop-La
The tabernacle is beautiful

Worship and praise is
amazing
But I sometimes get
Distracted
by the show........

So TODAY
I just want to sit in silence

And talk to God

ALONE

I want to say to him that I am sorry
For doubting him

Sorry

for seeking him most
ONLY
when I need things

That I am wrong for my lack of consistency
for
Falling off the bandwagon

And replacing my time with him
With
other things

I want to tell him that sometimes I get

ANGRY
With him

Because it seems like things come so easy
to people
Who don’t try to live according to his will

That I’m most Angry because
I work really hard
To be

Good
Kind
Loving

And

NON-judgmental



And
Sometimes
I feel like.....
 I get punished for that



I want to tell him that
When I am doing things that I know aren’t
Aligned with what he wants for me

I feel guilty



But not as guilty as I feel

When
I have to go back to him to ask him
to bail me out



I wanna tell God
That

I don’t feel as confident as I used to
That sometimes I feel like I am loosing
my race



But
I feel most confident
when he whispers to me

“I love you my child, You are wonderfully made”

GOD
I’m sorry for putting my headphones on
And drowning you out sometimes

And

only listening to you
When

I see fit

I want to tell GOD that
I acknowledge
that
I don’t use the talents he has given me

and

I know how blessed I am to have them

and
that

I’m glad his grace
Reaches
stretches
and
Extends to me

Even when I don’t
deserve
it


I just want to say in GOD
With noone on either side of me
No hugs
or
congregational activity
No diversion

That I know.........

I know

YOU
are the very reason
I live breath and move

And

Though I cant see you
or touch you


I know that you are

REAL



And I appreciate you for
Covering me every day
Without fail


I love you

(tears)

I love you
(tears)



I love YOU……

3 comments:

Donnisha said...

So REAL!

BOOGIE said...

omg my thoughts exactly. Love this!

BOOGIE said...

im feeling everyword of this poem and your genuine spirit shines thru every line. Love love it