
I couldn't really sleep last night. I dreamt about being on this boat
My dress was pretty
It was brown and Green
My shoes I know I saw in a video right before I closed my eyes
I woke up with a Migraine at 4:30 am
took my medicine and couldn't get back to sleep
too much caffeine in my medicine
Turn on the idiot box
blah blah blah the election this
blah blah blah vote for this
don't vote for that
Why did I dream about that boat?
I knew a few people on it
This one guy kept smiling at me
there was music, chanting, people celebrating
and the ocean for miles ahead
That dress was fierce
I was skinnier too
Back and forth between post hallucination
and campaign commercials
I realize I have some
serious
ANXIETY
about my future and the severity of this election
My friend says I have invested too much in this election
too much emotion
I said
or...
Did you not invest enough?
She says it has changed you, seems to be the basis of your discussions
I remind her that
Outside of my Faith, and my FAMILY
I can think of anything else more important
This isn't the time to be selfish, to think about our own personal b*s
Today could change the rest of our lives
even if the change is knowing that
blacks can be respected
can be expected
(to run our country)
Finally the basis of what me know as blacks is being displayed
We get stones thrown at us but we gather them and build
foundations
We get side glances and doubts but work hard to
PROVE
We are capable
We deserve this
WE CAN WIN
Who knows why I dreamed of ships,
Who cares
I just know I looked fierce
and
I DREAM IN COLOR
Love yall,
Stay Relevant...
1 comment:
Good stuff u r so talented
Post a Comment