.jpg)
Friday I hung out with my co-worker we ate, watched movies and crashed in my living room. It had been a long week.
Saturday, I worked for the Obama Campaign, went to dinner, came home had a drink laughed, watched t.v. till I fell asleep
Sunday- Got up went to breakfast at ZADA JANES ( which is right down the street from my new spot and one of the coldest breakfast spots in Charlotte) came back home, got dressed, took some students from my First Year Experience class to a museum and then to MERTS for Soulfood. Couple of my students have never had "soulfood" before (Man I got my eat on this weekend)
Saturday, I worked for the Obama Campaign, went to dinner, came home had a drink laughed, watched t.v. till I fell asleep
Sunday- Got up went to breakfast at ZADA JANES ( which is right down the street from my new spot and one of the coldest breakfast spots in Charlotte) came back home, got dressed, took some students from my First Year Experience class to a museum and then to MERTS for Soulfood. Couple of my students have never had "soulfood" before (Man I got my eat on this weekend)
My students were amazed because they never see me in jeans. They crack me up acting like I wear suits to bed or to the grocery. They act surprised that I do anything other than teach or life/career coach them. When I got back, I went to church for communion. If you ever want to get back on track about how good you actually have it, watch the Crucifixion, and last supper scene of the passion of the Christ, trust it will forever change you.
Funny story... One of my students is sitting at the table with me, placing his order and says to the waitress he wants...Chicken
Macaroni and Cheese
and
COLLEGE greens...
YEAP
COLLEGE
not
COLLARD
COLLEGE.......
and was dead serious
The things we say and swear we are correct,
like why do "we" say people who have Diabetes have...
Sugar.. or Suga (if you from the hood?)
Oh and someone please tell people that
irregardless
IS NOT
A
WORD
If you want someone to further explain or give exact details you want them to be
SPECIFIC
NOT
PACIFIC
The one that gets under my skin most is when you ask someone to tell you about themselves and they say
"Im a PEOPLE person,I work well with people"
As opposed to what???
DOGS?
PLANTS??
How can you be shy, quiet and OUTGOING??
Just wondering.....
Anyway, Im off my soapbox.
Do yall realize tomorrow night we could have a BLACK president.
Funny story... One of my students is sitting at the table with me, placing his order and says to the waitress he wants...Chicken
Macaroni and Cheese
and
COLLEGE greens...
YEAP
COLLEGE
not
COLLARD
COLLEGE.......
and was dead serious
The things we say and swear we are correct,
like why do "we" say people who have Diabetes have...
Sugar.. or Suga (if you from the hood?)
Oh and someone please tell people that
irregardless
IS NOT
A
WORD
If you want someone to further explain or give exact details you want them to be
SPECIFIC
NOT
PACIFIC
The one that gets under my skin most is when you ask someone to tell you about themselves and they say
"Im a PEOPLE person,I work well with people"
As opposed to what???
DOGS?
PLANTS??
How can you be shy, quiet and OUTGOING??
Just wondering.....
Anyway, Im off my soapbox.
Do yall realize tomorrow night we could have a BLACK president.
GLORY TO HIS NAME
Im going to an election dinner at my homeys house tomorrow night.
Im anxious, nervous, and excited all in one!
I'll hit yall back tomorrow
LOVE YALL
Stay-Relevant
No comments:
Post a Comment