Tuesday, November 11, 2008

MY FRIEND



Hey Fam,

I had a good weekend. Kicked it, and saw my friend’s baby who is the cutest tiniest little thing you ever did see. She and her husband wear parenthood well. It fits them nicely. She is so nurturing and settled. I love that about mothers. How it just comes to them, and they accept it. Beautiful I tell you.
Simply Beautiful.
Anyway,
HE
Had me cracking up on my 3 hour way back (to my reality)
Discussing who I used to be
Who he used to be
Who WE used to be
at one point
we had bill-less days
No real problems, just stuff like what Organization to pledge
What to wear to class, how many meals were left on our cards
How to get home on the weekends
What he said and SHE said
Making fools of ourselves because we thought
We were in love with people
Maybe we were…
its just not the kind of love we require as
Adults
Then again, I wouldn’t mind guiltless “acts”
Cheap meals, laughing, planning for this future
That’s now my reality
Not working so hard to be
IMPORTANT
because despite the underlying actions
I always knew I was
I smiled as I thought and talked about
The person I used to be
I’m glad I’m not her
But Im also glad I WAS her
She set the tone for shit, for how it will be
And what it Wont be
And
What I expect
I’m still smiling from that discussion
HE
Always reminds me, how amazing I am
Who I can become
Cracks me up, 2 hours of laughter
Just what I needed to keep me on track
With making correct decisions about my life
Thank you
MY FRIEND

No comments: