Saturday, February 23, 2008

28 IS THE NEW 18 3/07


28 is the new 18!!


It trips me out that I am about to be 28! It just seems like just yesterday my biggest issue was what college to attend, if I college was for me, and how to reinvent myself once I got there. When I was 18 I was so eager to become "grown" and so ready to become a woman. What I didnt know was that the battle and journey it takes to truly grow into what God has designed you to be, never stops. So here I am at 28 with a new set of issues and questions to answer and still continuing this battle into what my true purpose really is.
I do know that when I was 18 I acted so. I was careless with my words, and didnt make the wisest decisons. But every decison I made helped to build the character I have today. I am overjoyed that at 28 I have accomplished so much and still stayed humble throughout ALL of my battles. But,dont get me wrong I still aspire to self improve just like I did when I was stupid and 18.
So here it is 10 years later and I am still self searching. However, I am stronger now than ever before and I know from WHOM my strength comes. I am grateful to be amongst the living on my 28th birthday and most importantly thankful for a chance to continue on my journey. Please understand that getting old sucks, but getting wiser I wouldnt trade for the world.
So if 28 is the new 18. My definition extends only to the the continous struggle to find who you are. Because lord knows, Im not the same size as I was at 18, my bills are 28 yr old bills, and I wouldnt dare do some of the mess I did when I was 18 and didnt have anything to lose. Anyway, I digress.....
I love you guys, and Im so glad to have you in my life. I am sure that if you are reading this, you fit somewhere into this journey of mine and hopefully you will be with me as I continue.
Keep me in your prayers yall and we will see next year if 29 is the new 19.

I LOVE YALL


Stay Relevant

No comments: