
Misrepresentation
Last night I was having this conversation with my best friend about how disappointed I was in this guy who misrepresented himself. Its nothing new, people do it all the time. And as you all know Its not just men who do, women do too.
Can't believe I am admitting it, but in the past I know I have done this a time or too, and the entire time I was "selling myself" subconsciously I was thinking….., "You are really screwing yourself Shelley." Why didn't you just say to the person " I am not capable of that…" " I have baggage" or "Im not willing to compromise so love it or leave it" It would have been so much easier for us both. I'm not sure if the things I have been through when it comes to people misrepresenting themselves is Karma, coincidence, or if its because I just surround myself with the wrong folks. All I know is that I hate it. I try not to do it to people and even if it means me being brutally honest, I can't pretend anymore.
Anyway, I said all that to say that when it comes to relationships why is it so hard to just say to someone that you're not sure what you've gotten yourself into and your scared. Why is it so hard to stop with the politics and come with the facts. I tried being honest and worked very carefully not to misrepresent myself this time, and still ended up with the same results as before. Wasting my damn time. I'm not angry at men in general just trying to get it right. I think because I WOKED SO HARD to be honest I became intimidating, and almost "too together" But that's who I am. I can't play these games anymore, and I cant waist another minute on the injustices of love.
The sad thing is, I mean the really really really sad things is, I have become immune to disappointment. What surprised me were the times I was being treated like a princess, and this person seemed genuine, and earnest. Im not used to those things and usually that seem suspect to me. I don't want to be like that. When did it get to a point that when it comes to dating we have to expect the worst and hope for the best. I don't want to open up every door with apprehension. Who feels like that ? I would much rather open up the door to my heart knowing what I am getting myself into so that if things fall apart, I cant blame anyone but myself.
Everyone I think it all comes back to the age old saying "Honesty is the best policy". It really is. I don't write this blog only in relation to couples, I write in relation to people. It sucks when folks really aren't who they say they are. Everyone from potential mates, to friends, to people who are pretending to be friends.. Don't waist folks time with your lies or games. I've tried it for the past few years and its really not that hard to be COMPLETELY genuine or blunt for that matter. If thats not for you, say that. You'd be surprised how many people who are natural born a$$es have great friends and relationships..
Im not mad, just annoyed and tired of the "politics of compatability" (sigh..)but thats the story of my life. If I could play music to my blog guess what the song would be????......
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST....... LOL!
I LOVE YALL
Stay Relevant
No comments:
Post a Comment