
Appreciation for Mothers
I kicked it with my Mother this past weekend and spending time with her really put things into perspective for me regarding the rules of parenthood. I was looking at my mother when she and I were on our way out the door and was thinking how beautiful she really is. The whole time we were together I had flashbacks about how when I was younger I used to immortalize her. Not once did I ever think she had the same fears, worries or pains I have now. I think when we are young we just feel like our parents can do anything. I cant imagine at my age having to provide and be held accountable for someone elses' life.
In hindsight, I think about how my mother stuggled to feed her two children keep us clothed and feed us a steady diet of amazing morals and values and hard it all must have been. But what's most amazing is that she did it all effortlessly.
I swear in all my childhood years I never knew she cried at night, and stayed up worrying about how she would make ends meet. I dont understand how she never fell apart. I know I probably would.
Its funny now, because I cant believe the closeness she and I have and how similiar we are the older I get. It trips me out when I hear her laugh and realize that mine is exactly the same. When I was 15 years youger I never knew she and I would have the bond we have right now. Its a wonderful thing yall its really a wonderful thing.
Anyway, I know this blog is a huge variation from what I usally write about, but I just wanted to give a shout out to all my friends who are parents. I admire your strength, and courage especially if you are doing it alone. I just wanted to say to all of you BE ENCOURAGED! You all are lucky that God entrusted someones life to you. He obviously new you could do it. When times get hard, stay focused for your children, teach them to be honerable and please dont think its cute that they know all the words to a Juvenile song before knowing their ABC's. They could be me in 20 years writing this same blog.
Well thats about all I have to say about that....... I hope all is well in yalls world. Mine is chaotic as usual.
LOVE YALL
Stay Relevant
No comments:
Post a Comment