Thursday, July 24, 2008

BLACK IN AMERICA




Please be sure to watch the second segment of Black in America on CNN Tonight.


Last nights segment was good, but in all honesty not what I expected. I expected it to be "deeper" than it was. It did illustrate the facts that we all know about but tend to avoid. Things like how the AIDS epidemic is killing Black women (young ones) rapidly. How Black women are constantly having an issue finding a mate who is equally yolked. (same level of education, income, goals, etc) and The Woes of a single black mother. There were several other topics that were discussed as well.


Today one of my co-workers and I were talking about the documentary and both agreed that it was good that the issues effecting our community were brought to the forefront, but to us something was missing. and then... At once we both had a Eureka! moment and agreed that The Solution and cures to these issues lie within us The movement of change and the foundation was poured by making us "aware" of the circumstances. Its up to us to make the changes.

So with that being said, I retract my very first statement. The documentary was "deep" we just have to step outside ourselves to get it.


MAD props to Soledad O'brien for her professional and down to earth style of journalism. Tune in tonight. Tonight's episode is about a rare and dying species... THE BLACK MAN.


Lets make a change yall. Be conscious, STAY aware, RECOGNIZE, and REPAIR.


LOVE YALL


Stay-relevant

No comments: