
According to the man made encyclopedia Quarter life Crisis is listed as
feeling "not good enough" because one can't find a job that is at
one's academic/intellectual level
frustration with relationships, the working world, and finding a suitable job or career
confusion of identity
insecurity regarding the near future
insecurity concerning long-term plans, life goals
insecurity regarding present accomplishments
re-evaluation of close interpersonal relationships
disappointment with one's job
nostalgia for university, college, high school or elementary school life
tendency to hold stronger opinions
boredom with social interactions
loss of closeness to high school and college friends
financially-rooted stress (overwhelming college loans, unanticipated high cost of living, etc.)
loneliness
desire to have children
a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you
IS THAT WHAT THIS IS? I swear I think about 85% of the things listed above about 99% of the time. (The desire to have children, Nah not right now) but everything else, I think about quite often. These things don't manifest themselves in my thoughts because it is my primary goal to be rich or live on "easy street". I think of these things because I'm ready for some reciprocity.
Next year I will be 30 and I no longer qualify or fit in the Quarter life Crisis category. I'm sure the things mentioned above will STILL consume my thoughts, but hopefully some of them will be slightly alleviated. I swear I'm trying...., but its not in me to pretend to be anything other than who I am.
feeling "not good enough" because one can't find a job that is at
one's academic/intellectual level
frustration with relationships, the working world, and finding a suitable job or career
confusion of identity
insecurity regarding the near future
insecurity concerning long-term plans, life goals
insecurity regarding present accomplishments
re-evaluation of close interpersonal relationships
disappointment with one's job
nostalgia for university, college, high school or elementary school life
tendency to hold stronger opinions
boredom with social interactions
loss of closeness to high school and college friends
financially-rooted stress (overwhelming college loans, unanticipated high cost of living, etc.)
loneliness
desire to have children
a sense that everyone is, somehow, doing better than you
IS THAT WHAT THIS IS? I swear I think about 85% of the things listed above about 99% of the time. (The desire to have children, Nah not right now) but everything else, I think about quite often. These things don't manifest themselves in my thoughts because it is my primary goal to be rich or live on "easy street". I think of these things because I'm ready for some reciprocity.
Next year I will be 30 and I no longer qualify or fit in the Quarter life Crisis category. I'm sure the things mentioned above will STILL consume my thoughts, but hopefully some of them will be slightly alleviated. I swear I'm trying...., but its not in me to pretend to be anything other than who I am.
I have not "ARRIVED"in anyway, and I refuse to act like I have. I'm still self searching, discovering, confused, pinching my pennies, and just trying to make it like everyone else.
Who has time to pretend?
I'm wondering if the people or things used as a basis of comparison for the list above are really as solid as they seem.
I mean aren't we all confused? Who really is 100% secure in who or where they are (if you are please e-mail me and let me know how you did it.) In today's economy is anyone actually "Broke, Busted or Debt Proof" (If you are, can I please borrow some money?) Is anyone completely happy?
I mean aren't we all confused? Who really is 100% secure in who or where they are (if you are please e-mail me and let me know how you did it.) In today's economy is anyone actually "Broke, Busted or Debt Proof" (If you are, can I please borrow some money?) Is anyone completely happy?
I guess this Quarter life crisis thing eventually progress into a mid life and last until we die. There is always something to compare ourselves to.
I'm not miserable with my life by any means, I am actually amazed at how much God has favored me. My struggles are a part of this life I am supposed to live and in some ways I guess they make me a better person. I'm not complaining because they occur.
I just wish they didn't occur so often.
Anyway, I just thought it was interesting there is a "term" for some of things that go through my head. Wonder what they call it for the early 30's crowd.
For the most part I had a good weekend, took my mothers advice and chilled out with the apartment search, and relaxed with my boo. We did an intense workout and ran/walked 3.5 miles today. WE were both hobbling back to the car when it was over. I could eat a whole pizza today after that workout. However,I still have this dress to fit into. So I will restrain.
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Thanks for all the responses to these blogs via myspace or personal e-mail. Its a good feeling to know I'm not sharing myself in vain.
LOVE YALL
Stay-Relevant
No comments:
Post a Comment